Monday, March 16, 2009

Banana Pudding

Obviously this is not always green!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I wanted to make a green dessert for the occasion, and I thought this would be perfect!

I LOVE this pudding. Several years ago a friend brought this to work and it was so good that I spent most of my day walking around with a plate of this in my hand and a goofy, sugar induced smile on my face. It's SO creamy and sweet, and so hard to stop eating! I wish I could show you a picture of the layers, but it's not time to serve it just yet, and I wanted to get it posted for the holiday. Definitely try this dessert sometime, it's so easy to whip up and your crowd will love it!

Banana Pudding

Ingredients

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 (small) box banana or vanilla flavored pudding mix
1 (12 oz) bowl Cool Whip
4-5 bananas
1 box Nilla Wafers
2 cups milk

Directions

Mix pudding with 2 cups milk. Add condensed milk, the Cool Whip. Mix all together. Line wafers on bottom of bowl, then bananas. Pour pudding mix on top and then cover with another layer of wafers. Refrigerate overnight.

10 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

That sounds so simple and so yummy!! My kids would love it. Dont know if you noticed, but I love to cook and bake with bananas.. one of my favorite fruits. Probably because it goes so well with sweets:)

Cristine said...

I love banana pudding and this sounds fantastic!

Netts Nook said...

Condensed Milk adds flavor to anything looks great Teresa.

Maria said...

Looks great!! I haven't had this in years!

Pam said...

Too cute...my little ones would LOVE this.

MaryBeth said...

I love this pudding, my mom used to make it all the time when I was little. I have not had this in what seems like forever. Thanks for the flash back, it looks great.

Alissa said...

YUM! You're so cute for making it green! I love it!

Melody said...

I think my kids would really go for this. Thanks for the recipe. I've enjoyed following your blog.

jor said...

thanks for the recipe. It was really yummy!

Anonymous said...

My hubby would love that - its one of his favorite desserts - thanks for reminding me!