I always think about quiche this time of year. Maybe it's the eggs, representing Easter. Maybe it's the bright yellow color representing spring. Either way, I'm not complaining because quiche is awesome!
I made these sweeties for a baby shower. I have a thing about turning food mini and these little quiches are much easier to make then you think. A store bought pie crust helps a lot, just line your mini muffin tins with a cut out piece of pastry, fill and bake! They're the best warm, but also taste great at room temp, making them perfect for say an upcoming Easter Egg hunt, or brunch you have coming up!
Adapted from Food.com
2 sheets store-bought pie crust
6 slices bacon, diced
1 onions, finely diced
1 cup cream
1 cup grated cheese, I used sharp cheddar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I used fresh)
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the onion and bacon over a low heat until the onion is softened.
2. Allow to cool a little.
3. Mix together with the eggs, cream, cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
4. Unroll pie pastry, dish with flour and roll with rolling pin until it's increased in size by about a third. Using a cookie cutter or glass, cut 12 circles from each pastry sheet.
5. Use these to line a greased mini muffin pan.
6. Place about 2 teaspoons of the egg and bacon mix in each pastry base.
7. Bake in a moderate oven for about 12 minutes per tray (or until puffed, golden and set).
8. repeat with remaining pastry sheets and mix.
My kids made paper crowns for their little bunnies, they're so dang cute!