Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pepper Jack Pasta Salad


Considering how often I make this, it's a wonder that I haven't posted it before.  This has become my absolute favorite "go-to" side dish for parties, barbecues, or if I just want to eat it for lunch all week (which happens, often).  This salad is packed with a delightfully tangy punch, and for some reason, I just love eating those little tiny Acini Di Pepe.  They tickle my mouth!  It makes me giggle!

Pepper Jack Pasta Salad
Adapted from Cooking Light April 2009

Ingredients

6 ounces uncooked acini di pepe pasta (about 1 cup)
2 1/4 cups diced plum tomato (about 14 ounces)
1/3 cup capers, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup sliced pickled banana peppers
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1 (16-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 ounce salami, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced

Directions

1.   Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.

2.   Combine tomato and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta to tomato mixture, tossing well to combine.


17 comments:

Velva said...

I could rock with a salad like this one. I can see why it is your go to dish-

Happy autumn to you!

Blond Duck said...

This could soon be a staple!

Taste and Tell said...

oh my goodness - I need this salad in my life!! So many things that I love, all together!

Debbie said...

This looks delicious. I love the tiny pasta too!!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I love having a staple pasta salad. Mine is caprese pasta salad which I serve at all BBq's. Great recipe!

Cathy said...

I could eat this delicious salad all week for lunch. I love having something like this in the fridge when I don't have time to cook.

Unknown said...

Oh My! This salad is a must try. Its my comfort food. I always make some when I'm all stressed out and worn out.
website hosting australia

Pam said...

I've never had that pasta before... the salad looks delicious!

Angie's Recipes said...

First look I thought it was couscous. The salad looks very homey and flavourful.

Joanne said...

Mmm I love a good pasta salad!

Barbara said...

I've never made a salad with Acini Di Pepe, but I've sure put together a similar salad with other pasta. Like the idea of using navy beans, Teresa. Will add those next time.

chow and chatter said...

oh love these and the way you described it

Reeni said...

I could eat this every single day for the rest of my life! LOVE.

Alissa said...

I just came over here to look up your "dinner in a pumpkin" recipe since its Halloween & I've never tried it, I'm gonna make that dang it! Then I saw this post & it made my heart happy! I have made this so many times I could do it with my eyes closed! Why does it taste so freaking good?!?!?! I hope you're all ok after that crazy hurricane!!!!!

Anonymous said...

website hosting australia

Overall an end user friendly site, several great points! It is a well crafted article, I’m going to make an effort to read others. With Respect
T

Anonymous said...

Ecommerce Australia

Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting,hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing…

Chris said...

That sounds so good, but considering the fact that pepper jack is one of my favorites, that isn't surprising.