Saturday, June 14, 2008

Spinach-Feta Puff Pastries


I entertain a lot, so I'm always looking for good appetiziers/party food. I came across these and ended up making them a few more times after receiving such positive responses. They aren't difficult at all and require few ingredients.


Keep in mind, I don't really measure when I cook, it bores me, so I'm not exact on my measurements, but don't let that stop you. Decide yourself if you like it better one way or another and go with it. The food will taste better and the experience will be much more enjoyable.


Spinach Puff Pastries


1 pkge frozen puff pastries-thawed
1 small box frozen spinach-thawed and squeezed dry
4 oz feta cheese crumbled
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste
Combine spinach, feta, garlic and s&p.
Using flour roll out puff pastries individually until they are about twice the size you began with. Cut pastry into three inch squares. Fill each square with about a tsp of spinach mixture. Use your fingers to trace water along the sides of the pastry and fold one corner to the corner across diagonally, forming a triangle. Seal the pastries by pressing a fork along the edges. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, or until brown and puffed. Best if served warm.

No comments: