Friday, August 8, 2008

Club Pasta


I've already posted this recipe on my regular blog, but I had to post it on this one because I LOVE this dish. I made it one night while just trying to clean out my cupboards. Since then I have made it several times, the family loves it. The measurements are estimates, I pretty much throw in what I have, so be sure to make it according to your own taste. Enjoy!

Club Pasta

1-2 cups of favorite small pasta (bowties are my fave, but macaroni, penne, rigatoni, small or med shells also good)

8-10 medium tomatoes seeded and dices (use vine ripened if you can)

2 garlic cloves

1-2 cup diced cooked chicken or turkey

1/2-1 cups bacon bits (I really like the FRESH store bought bacon bits, but stay away from the dehydrated salad toppings)

1/2-1 cups shredded mozzerella or provolone cheese

1/4-1/2 cups parm cheese

1-2 TBS fresh parsley if available,
garlic salt and black pepper to taste (I put garlic salt in just about everything!)
Prepare pasta according to directions. In 1-2 TB olive oil saute tomatoes, and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until both are soft. Add chicken, bacon bits pasta and cheeses. Season with pepper and garlic salt to taste. Add parsley right before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: