Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pierogies


If you are a salad lover, such as myself, but find yourself in a salad rut, might I suggest these fun little potato dumplings to your leafy cuisine. Now I don't know if pierogies are an eastern thing, or if I just never discovered them until coming back east, but I finally just bought some, not having any clue what to do with them. Fortunately I rediscovered them in my freezer while suffering from the salad-blahs and found them to be fabulous on my bed of greens. They are small or large dumplings usually filled with a potato and cheese combo, they are soft, warm and velvety and give a great contrast to your crunchy lettuce. My favorite dressings are either french, or any kind of vinaigrette. Mmmm, go get some!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have such a love/hate relationship with your blog because it always makes me so hungry!! And at 9:13pm thats NOT a good thing! ;)
The salad looks so yummy! I'll have to try that!

Leslie said...

I grew up in PA..and I love Pierogies!! I have never thought to add them to a salad! Smart girl!!