Sunday, February 8, 2009

Triple Layer Bars


All I can say about these bars is WOW. They have everything you could ever want, chocolate, peanut butter, coconut...sweetened condensed milk (you know when a recipe calls for that, it's gonna be good). Anyway, you have a party, bbq, dinner plans, and don't know what to bring for dessert? Make these, they won't disappoint!

Triple-Layer Cookie Bars
From The Taste of Home Baking Book

Ingredients


1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter
2 eggs
TOPPING:
1 pkge (7 oz) flaked coconut
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add eggs; mix well. Spread into a greased 13x9 inch pan.

2. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over crust; drizzle with milk. Bake 20-25 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. IN a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over top. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

8 comments:

Alissa said...

Why are you doing this to me! ha ha, I'm totally drooling on myself!

Sara said...

These look SO delicious, what a great flavor combination.

Netts Nook said...

Oh Teresa they look so good my only problem is eat it today wear it tomorrow. When you get to be my age you will understand. Yumyum

Pam said...

Oh my. I love these bars - I am afraid I could eat way too many of these beauties.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks amazing!

Maria said...

The bars look fantastic!!

Gianina said...

Hi! I just found your site a couple of days ago and I am super excited to try out those Teriyaki Noodles! Yum!
I have a food blog as well. You should check it out sometime if you like. :-D

jor said...

these look really reallly good