I originally started this blog as a place to store tried and true recipes for my family. It didn't take long to discover how supportive and fun the blog community was and I became hooked! I rarely create my own recipes, but I still hope you'll enjoy the recipes that I find and tweak a bit.
I just love a baked pasta. It's bubbly, it's gooey, and the noodles have soaked up all that delicious flavor. Ah, it's heaven in a dish!
I don't make spaghetti that much because, even though I really like it, I like to save it as a bake up dish when I've completely run out of food, energy, or creativity. But when I saw this recipe on Mommy's Kitchen, I knew it was time to pull out the beef and noodles! I adapted this recipe a bit, but make sure you check out the original one at Tina's blog too, she's got some awesome stuff!
I made this with my own spaghetti sauce that I posted a long time ago.
9 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained 1 batch spaghetti sauce 2 tablespoons either olive oil or basil oil (basil infused olive oil) 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Heat oven at 375. Prepare spaghetti sauce according to directions. Toss noodles with oil and Parmesan cheese. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray and arrange noodles in pan. Pour spaghetti sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle cheese. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. 3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. 5. Nominate 7 KreativBloggers. 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. 7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
So here it goes:
1. My passion for food is a fairly new one. It wasn't until I was on maternity leave with my second baby that I discovered the Food Network channel. Ina Garten was the first TV chef I watched and I immediately fell in love. Shortly after that I became very excited about trying new things.
2. I've always prided myself on being a very non-picky eater, but to my dismay, I've realized that there are a few things I just can't get myself to like. Goat cheese, tofu (at least when I prepare it), and ricotta being the biggest ones.
3. I'm pretty much always on a diet, which means that when you see me diving headfirst into a plate of cookies, I'm cheating.
4. Standing at 5'0 I've always had the ability to make everyone feel very tall. Luckily, being short has never bothered me.
5. Even though I've been a stay-at-home mom for two years, I still feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Sometimes I wonder if that feeling ever goes away.
6. I am enjoying every minute of living in the east. I don't honestly know how long we'll be out here, but we're having a lot of fun with our new experiences.
7. I can't wait to have my dream kitchen. It may not be for a long time, but I think all the time about how I want to build my kitchen when I get the chance. It gets a bit bigger everytimelol!