Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blogtastic Eats

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the best things I've made have come from other people's food blogs. I mean, you guys really know your food! The tragedy is that there are SO many great bloggy dishes, and only three meals in a day, I never feel like I'll be able to try them all. But even if I don't, rest assured, your pictures and descriptions always leave me drooling, and hungry! Here are two great finds that I recently tried, and must be shared.


I found these fantastic meatballs over at Gina's Weight Watchers blog. And while I'm not quite as strict on the diet as I should be (ahem), I still really try to eat delicious but healthy foods like this. Have you ever tried the potstickers from Costco. No, not the ones in the freezer, the fresh one, made with chicken, yeah, those! Aren't they awesome? These meatballs taste A LOT like them. They even come with a similar tasting sauce. They are juicy and full of flavor and were a hit with the whole family. You can find the recipe here.
Thanks Gina!


The second thing we made was Coleen's Pineapple Banana Bread. This was a bread that I just couldn't get out of my head, and I'm so glad I didn't! It's like summer in bread form. With the combination of banana, pineapple and coconut, it's the closest you'll come to eating a Pina Colada. Definitely try this, especially if you are buried in three feet of snow and need some sunshine in your house! The recipe can be found here. Thanks Coleen! And here's a picture of my daughter when I told her we were going to make banana bread.


She gets excited.

Is anyone else out there having a snow day? Not only is my girl home from school, but my husband is as well! I have to tell you, waking up to a lazy weekday morning, and having aebelskivers with my husband is not a bad way to start the day, although I'm not quite sure about having the deal with the snow everytime. Stay warm my friends, and keep cooking up those wonderful dishes!

25 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Those pot sticker have me drooling!!! Your little sous chef is so adorable.

I'm stuck in NYC due to a blizzard and my girls told me they have a snow day and about an inch of the white stuff on the ground.

Pam said...

I am loving both recipes, especially the pineapple bread. Your sous chef is a cutie!

Kim said...

I have to tell you that I loved the title "Blogtastic Eats". I think that is pretty clever, not to mention cute and it made me chuckle. Your sous chef is very cute all decked out in her cooking gear! Those meatballs sound phenomenal. I think both me and my husband would love them. Maybe I wouldn't feel so bad when I ate too many:D

NKP said...

Delicious! I am craving those meatballs on a roll for lunch..

Cristine said...

Both recipes have me drooling. YUM! Your little chef looks so cute. Stay warm!

Diana's Cocina said...

Lovin the sous chef. I will have to give the meatballs a try. Looks yummy.

Jenn said...

Your daughter looks so cute in her chef hat and apron. She's definitely ready to cook.

I had just made some banana bread yesterday and I did have a can of pineapple in the pantry. Then I see your bread. Now I'm kicking myself for not having thought of that. hahaha... I guess I'll just have to buy more bananas.

The Blonde Duck said...

Meatballs? Did someone say meatballs?

I love meatballs.

Heidi said...

I love getting recipes from other blogs too! Both recipes looked wonderful. I have had my eye on that bread from Coleen for a while now!

Melody said...

I was just thinking that I don't use cook books or magazines that much anymore. I go to my blogging buddies! Your daughter is adorable, btw! Is this snow ever going to stop?

Joanne said...

I am constantly getting inspired by other people's blogs. but you're right - there's just not enough food in a day! These both look fabulous, especially those little meatballs.

Reeni said...

The meatballs sound delicious! And so does the bread. Perfect for making and eating when snowed in. Your daughter is adorable!

Cathy said...

I agree, Teresa. I'll never live long enough to make all the wonderful recipes I've collected over the past several years. But it's fun trying.

Michelle said...

Your little girl is so cute in her apron and chef's hat!!

Yes, we had our blizzard yesterday and ended up with another 11" of snow on the ground to add to what is already there. I've lost count how much snow we've had so far..way too much!

Barbara Bakes said...

Sounds like a nice snow day! I couldn't agree more about all the great recipes on blogs and not having enough time to try them all. Both of these sound great!

Julie said...

Very nice way to spend a snow day, I'd say :)

theUngourmet said...

We are having a very mild winter compared to last year. I'm so glad! In fact, my mom and I both spotted our first pink tree today. Yay!

Your bread does look like summer and sunshine and your daughter looks darling in her apron and chef hat!!

Barbara said...

So true! Other bloggers are so talented; I love reading what everyone's making.
The pineapple bread looks moist and delicious.
(Going to look for Costco's pot stickers!)

Debbie said...

We have been having an absolute ton of snow. I don't want to see any more for at least 20 years! I have made the pineapple banana bread from Coleen's site and love it. I'll be posting it in the near future too!!!! I find so many good recipes from other blogger also...too many recipes and not enough time!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for snow days!! Um, can I just tell you your daughters chef outfit is SO CUTE!

Have fun digging out - we have bitter cold today - not fun! :D

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Ha, your little girl is a cutie!
~ingrid

j. vorwaller said...

oh my goodness - what a CUTE cooking outfit! The hat kills me! In the best way, :)

Sook said...

Wow everything looks so beautiful and yummy!

Katy said...

Oh my gosh, your daughter is just precious. Love the chef's hat. Now I want one, too!

I hear you about all the fantastic food I see on other's blogs. My paper file is bulging and I have started saving recipes to a hard disc to clean up space in my computer and still I save and save, grins.

Both of your recipes look fab. Saving...now where did I put my stash of new CD-RW memorex ultra high speed discs, grins.

jor johnson said...

YUMMY! I want that pineapple banana bread right now! Definitely going to be making this when I hanging out with my mom over the summer. She will love it! (and all my boys will hate it :(